Zamzee, a Peninsula start-up funded by HopeLab, is seeking a genius Product Director to lead the development of a fun and ground-breaking online rewards program for teens that’s powered by physical activity.
The product development team will work closely with our newly hired CEO and COO, and with the HopeLab staff to commercialize the product. The aims of Zamzee are to have a meaningful impact on teen health by igniting a lifetime of physical activity while building a sustainable and profitable business.
The Product Director will be responsible for:
- Taking the Zamzee product vision and website prototypes forward to commercial execution.
- Executing on the strategic vision for the site experience and design, including prioritizing features and managing product releases; managing creative concepts and visual strategies that support desired behavioral outcomes.
- Owning and developing the customer experience.
- Managing the virtual currency and rewards experience.
- Developing and documenting design directions; overseeing development efforts and milestones by contract and in house development staff.
- Creating design systems and standards that support the design strategy; and detailed project management to meet deadlines on time and within budget.
This is a full-time position located in Redwood City, California.
- Help change the world.
- Be a part of a fun and exciting team.
- Help build and shape an exciting new, funded startup.
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits.
The ideal candidate…
- excited to work in the inferno of a start up environment.
- has proven web product management and interaction design/UX experience
- has a strong track record of success and can showcase successful product management efforts, ideally with some experience developing tween oriented websites and/or virtual economies.
- has held a senior product management role.
- has strong project management skills.
- has experience designing for cross platform products /services.
- is abreast of trends and new technologies in web development and design.
- understands the youth/tween market and customer.
- has the ability to produce great work in short timeframes, manages time efficiently and able to multi-task across different projects.
- can work collaboratively across the organization and is willing to roll up his/her sleeves and contribute broadly to the overall success of the organization.
- has strong consultative, analytical and problem solving skills.
- is flexible and able to diagnose and resolve issues effectively.
- is curious and a quick learner.
- is an excellent communicator.
If this is you…
Please send your resume to Chris Murchison at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, be sure to tell us why you believe this job and Zamzee are a good match for your background and interests and how you can help us change the world.
HopeLab is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation or disability. All inquiries are held in strict confidence.