Zamzee, a Peninsula start-up created by HopeLab, is seeking a Ruby on Rails rock star to lead the Zamzee engineering team to build a fun and ground-breaking website that will ignite a lifetime of physical activity in tweens. Sedentary behavior is a several hundred billion dollar problem that is affecting the health of an entire generation nation. Be a part of the solution!
We are a rapidly expanding, funded, consumer tech start-up operating at the exciting intersection between real and virtual worlds, rewards, gaming, and social ecosystems. In pre-launch testing, our service has already won awards at NASA, been to the White House, and is backed by bucket-loads of efficacy data and market research.
We are seeking a Rails rock star (and aspiring rock stars) to engineer the Zamzee web experience. The site will be built in Ruby on Rails and will incorporate a number of complex features including: avatar engine, gaming and social elements, a data upload service (to pull and load device activity data), e-commerce, APIs to smart phones, social networking sites, and social gaming. We are also looking at integrating links/apps to partner business platforms and more. While crafting an awesome and impactful product and building a seriously agile development environment, you’ll also have the challenge of meeting the needs of some of the smartest people around – tweens!
This is a full-time position located in our shiny new offices in Redwood City, although the first 2-3 months of the job will be on-site with our initial developer partner, Pivotal Labs, in San Francisco.
- Drive the development of the Zamzee website and build the Zamzee engineering team
- Be a part of a fun and exciting start-up team – and be in at the beginning
- Help build an organization with a great mission
- Work with smart team-mates
- Generous salary
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Options package
The ideal candidate…
- We are looking for a truly talented Ruby head of engineering with a passion for clean code and great products.
- We are not prescribing the exact resume and requirements that we are looking for in this role – we are nice and understanding like that. But you’ll intuitively know the sorts of skills, technical competence, love of code, and problem-solving skills you’d need in this role. Basically, you will need to be good and we have very high standards.
- As well as being a great engineer, we expect you to be an excellent communicator, a team builder and mentor to other engineers, and a core member of the Zamzee team.
- Likes tea!
If this is you…
Get in touch and wow us! Contact Chris Murchison at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to tell us why you believe this job and Zamzee are for you.
Zamzee is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation or disability. All inquiries are held in strict confidence.