Zamzee, a Peninsula start-up created by HopeLab, is seeking Ruby on Rails developers to help engineer the groundbreaking Zamzee website that will ignite a lifetime of physical activity in tweens. Sedentary behavior is a several hundred billion dollar problem that is affecting the health of an entire generation nation. Be a part of the solution!
We are a rapidly expanding, funded, consumer tech start-up operating at the exciting intersection between real and virtual worlds, rewards, gaming, and social ecosystems. In pre-launch testing, our service has already won awards at NASA, been to the White House, and is backed by bucket-loads of efficacy data and market research.
We are seeking a Rails rock star (and aspiring rock stars) to engineer the Zamzee web experience. The site will be built in Ruby on Rails and will incorporate a number of complex features including: avatar engine, gaming and social elements, a data upload service (to pull and load device activity data), e-commerce, APIs to smart phones, social networking sites, and social gaming. We are also looking at integrating links/apps to partner business platforms and more. While crafting an awesome and impactful product and building a seriously agile development environment, you’ll also have the challenge of meeting the needs of some of the smartest people around – tweens!
These are full-time positions located in our shiny new offices in Redwood City, although the first 2-3 months of the job will be on-site with our initial developer partner, Pivotal Labs, in San Francisco.
- Drive the development of Zamzee and build the Zamzee engineering team
- Be a part of a fun and exciting start-up team – and be in at the beginning
- Help build an organization with a great mission
- Work with smart team-mates
- Opportunity to work with Pivotal Labs and their industry leading agile development model – test driven development, continuous integration and deployment, rapid iterations, frequent refactoring, and pair programming
- Generous salary
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Options package
The Ideal Candidates…
- Are looking for a new and interesting professional challenge
- Have strong web development experience:
- Are curious and quick learners
- Are excellent communicators
- Play well in the sandbox and enjoy helping others
- Are willing to roll up their sleeves and contribute to the overall success of Zamzee
- Want to help build a great team
- Like tea!
- – Excellent coders and comfortable tackling open-ended problems
– Experience with Ruby on Rails
– Have experience with or strong interest in agile development, test driven development and pair programming
– Have experience successfully building and/or integrating APIs into websites
If this is you…
Please send your resume to Chris Murchison at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, be sure to tell us why you believe this job and Zamzee are a good match for you.
Zamzee is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation or disability. All inquiries are held in strict confidence.