Zamzee, a San Francisco Bay area start-up funded by HopeLab, is seeking a Sales and Business Development Manager to grow our institutional client base.
We are a rapidly expanding, funded, consumer tech start-up operating at the exciting intersection between real and virtual worlds, rewards, gaming and social ecosystems. Zamzee has already won awards at NASA, been to the White House, and is backed by loads of efficacy data and market research.
What is Zamzee?
Zamzee is an online rewards program for teens that’s powered by physical activity. You wear the Zamzee meter, and it records how much you’re moving around. Your activity powers your online experience, turning movement into currency you can spend online in the Zamzee store. The more you go, the more you get.
Zamzee was designed specifically for young teens. It’s fun, it’s social, and it actually works. Research shows Zamzee increases physical activity in teens by as much as 30% – that’s almost like running a marathon a month! Our aim is to ignite a lifetime of activity among young people.
We are developing the Zamzee meter and website in preparation for launch in 2011. We are eager to capitalize on the interest we have already received from organizations interested in using Zamzee and additionally ready to identify and develop new distribution opportunities for Zamzee in health service delivery systems, health insurers, employee wellness programs, after school programs, and in schools.
We are seeking a highly motivated, connected, detail-oriented person to join our team and help grow the pipeline of opportunities, build and sustain successful client relationships and, ultimately, close deals in support of Zamzee’s launch and distribution.
The role will involve the following activities:
- Identify and grow the pipeline of institutional distribution partnerships opportunities.
- Develop client and sales materials, including shaping proposals, value proposition statements and competitive pricing frameworks.
- Negotiate and close institutional partnership distribution deals that advance social impact and are financially sustainable.
- Proactively and skillfully manage long-term client relationships.
- Work with the wider Zamzee team and other partners to deliver exceptional client results and ensure ongoing product improvement.
- Provide sales reporting and feedback to the wider Zamzee team.
This is a full-time position located in Redwood City, California. Some travel will be required.
- Be a part of a fun and exciting team – and be in at the beginning.
- Make an immediate contribution to the company’s success.
- Get paid to help change the world in a fun way.
- Competitive salary and commission based on impact, a combination of successful sales and social impact.
- Excellent benefits package.
The ideal candidate…
- Can be an influential ambassador for Zamzee’s mission.
- Is credible and has proven sales and business development experience in the health and wellness sectors, in particular with health service delivery systems and health insurance networks; additional experience with schools and/or after-school programs a plus.
- Understands the workings of and issues facing health service delivery systems, health insurers, employee wellness programs, schools, after school programs and other institutions seeking to promote health and wellness.
- Has detailed knowledge of and contacts in the sector.
- Has a wide range of contacts in this sector and is a proven relationship manager.
- Is a deal closer and revenue generator.
- Is self-directed and enjoys taking initiative and “running with” projects.
- Has a positive, “can do,” attitude; ready to “roll up your sleeves” and make things happen.
- Is super-organized, detail oriented and efficient.
- Is resourceful and creative.
- Has strong project management skills and experience.
- Is willing to travel as client demands dictate.
- Is an excellent and authentic communicator.
If this is you…
Please send your resume to Susie Back at email@example.com. In your cover letter, be sure to tell us why you believe this job and Zamzee are a good match for your background and interests and how you can help us change the world.
Zamzee is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation or disability. All inquiries are held in strict confidence.