Zamzee, a Peninsula start-up funded by HopeLab, is seeking an energetic and resourceful web and content manager to help launch our product in early 2011.
We are a rapidly expanding, funded, consumer tech start-up operating at the exciting intersection between real and virtual worlds, rewards, gaming and social ecosystems. In pre-launch testing our service has already won awards at NASA, been to the White House, and is backed by loads of efficacy data and market research.
What is Zamzee?
Zamzee is an online rewards program for teens that’s powered by physical activity. You wear the Zamzee meter, and it records how much you’re moving around. Your activity powers your online experience, turning movement into currency you can spend online in the Zamzee store. The more you go, the more you get.
Zamzee was designed specifically for young teens. It’s fun, it’s social, and it actually works. Research shows Zamzee increases physical activity in teens by as much as 30% – that’s almost like running a marathon a month! Our aim is to ignite a lifetime of activity among young people.
We are right in the middle of developing the Zamzee meter and website. There are still lots of things to put in place to make sure our customers have an extraordinary experience when we launch! The Zamzee website is the core of the customer experience so we are seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented person to join our team and help with the following web-related activities:
- Manage the user experience content on the Zamzee website
– Help develop a long term content plan
– Manage site content on a daily basis
– Think up, write or source, and implement fresh, fun and engaging content ideas
– Implement partner offers and deals
– Help develop the Zamzee content management system
– Oversee and update blog and news content
- User data and feedback
– Track and interpret web stats and user data and feedback
– Provide user data and web stats reports for team review
– Provide reports for partner campaigns
- Customer services
– Help with customer services delivery, responding to email and phone enquiries
- Partner liaison
– Help work with external partners (such as providers of rewards, advertising partners, device retailers) to keep them up to date and provide post project campaign reports
- Work with the development team, web manager and other functions to ensure a great overall user experience
As our volume grows, some of these job functions may grow into distinct jobs or parts of other jobs. However, in these early days of Zamzee Co. we need someone willing to multi-task and get each of these key product and customer activities up and running.
This is a full-time position located in Redwood City, California.
- Be a part of a fun and exciting team – and be in at the beginning
- Participate in a variety of projects across a start-up enterprise; make an immediate contribution to the company’s success
- Get paid to help change the world in a fun way
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits
The ideal candidate…
- Has a genuine interest in our work
- Is excited to work in the inferno of a start up environment
- Has excellent writing skills and can write effectively in different voices (tweens,
- Has experience with the writing and managing of web content
- Is tech savvy and enjoys understanding geeky things like how our website and device works; has some experience with HTML, WordPress and other tech tools and ad serving systems
- Is creative
- Is organized, detail oriented and efficient
- Has the ability to produce great work in short timeframes
- Has a positive, “can do,” attitude; ready to “roll up your sleeves” and make things happen
- Has great interpersonal skills and can apply these skills in working with customers of all ages
- Is flexible and able to diagnose and resolve issues effectively
- Is curious and a quick learner
If this is you…
Please send your resume to Susie Back at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, be sure to tell us why you believe this job and Zamzee are a good match for your background and interests and how you can help us change the world.
Zamzee is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation or disability. All inquiries are held in strict confidence.